A church at the heart of our community
The Church building originally served a dual purpose as a Worship Centre on Sundays and a community Centre on Weekdays. Eventually a separate Church Hall was built following a fund-raising campaign where people were encouraged to buy a brick for 2/6d. Over 360 people queued to witness ‘their’ brick laid beside the foundation stone. The building was dedicated in 1957.
In 1980 it was agreed that an area of land
The Jubilee room is an extension to the side of the building which was added in 2002. It provides a facility for small group meetings.